109 Pro Headphones
The first dynamic open-back headphone by Meze Audio, the 109 PRO is a demonstration of their commitment to go beyond the faithful reproduction of sound to deliver pure emotion. The new 50 mm dynamic driver, assembled and tuned with ultimate precision, allowed us to push the boundaries of speed, accuracy, and dynamic range.
To meet the acoustic goals set for the 109 PRO, Meze focused their research & development efforts on materials research, looking for the perfect balance between diaphragm mass and stiffness that would maximize the sonic abilities of the headphone. Their search led to the development of the 109 series Dual Membrane Diaphragm – a combination of beryllium-coated polymer, cellulose + carbon fibre composite and copper-zinc alloy.
The spider-shaped structure and the acoustically transparent grill inside the earcup expose the driver from both sides, creating Meze’s most open pattern to date. Velour cushions comfortably surround the ears, providing the optimal seal to create natural sound. As velour is far softer and more breathable than leather, it also prevents sweat and overheating during lengthy listening sessions.
The 109 PRO is all about comfort, from the structural design of the headphone to the choice of materials, all decisions were carefully made to ensure the final product rises to the highest standard, in terms of ergonomics. With this perspective in mind, Meze combined walnut wood, zinc, manganese steel and vegan leather in a comfortable, lightweight, yet highly durable structure.
Carefully tuned by the Meze Audio in-house engineering team, 109 PRO offers emotionally engaging sound with great detail, clarity and just the right amount of punch. Its organic character, paired with superior dynamics, excellent imaging, and full-bodied vocals bring soul-stirring details to life. 109 PRO are very easy to drive from most devices, including portable sources or intricate home setups.
- Dynamic open-back circumaural headphones.
- Driver features the 109 series Dual Membrane Diaphragm – a combination of Beryllium-coated polymer, cellulose + carbon fibre composite and copper-zinc alloy.
- Easy to drive from most devices, from portable sources to full home setups.
- Dark walnut wood ear cups, zinc, manganese steel, vegan leather headband and soft velour ear pads for a comfortable, lightweight, yet highly durable structure.
- Transducer Size: 50 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz – 30 KHz
- Sensitivity: 112 dB SPI at 1 KHz, 1 mW
- Impedance: 40 Ω
- Weight: 375 gr (13 oz) without cables
- Ear Cups: Walnut Wood