A21 Signature Amplifier
The Sugden A21 Signature is a modern update of Sugden’s classic A21 and A21a amplifiers that became a reference standard on many continents, further improved to offer enhanced performance and available in black or silver. Sugden’s first commercial amplifier was the A21 in the mid-1960s. It is generally recognised as the first commercial, solid-state Pure Class A amplifier available for audio enthusiasts. It was an exceptional amplifier with a single-ended Class A output configuration and current feedback.
The result was an amplifier of extended and more controlled bass and treble but still retaining the wonderfully detailed mid-range of the original design. The amplifier became the A21a, a reference amplifier on many continents. Further improvements have achieved significant performance enhancement and the amplifier has been rebranded as the Sugden A21a Series 2.
- Line Input Sensitivity: 170mV for max. out
- Phono Input Sensitivity: 3mV/mm, 0.2mV/mc for max. output
- Phono Loading: MM 47K MC 470 Ohm
- Power Output: 23 Watts into 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: +/-1dB 10Hz-20kHz
- Bandwidth: 6Hz-200kHz
- Signal to Noise: >83dB
- Gross Weight (packed): 11kgs