The master key to your music and go-to hub for all of your sources
The HDV 820 unlocks the potential of Sennheiser headphone collections. Expect class-leading DAC and headphone amplifier technology with a plethora of state-of-the-art I/O and world-class conversion.
Maximizing headphone performance
The HDV 820 serves as a reference-grade solution for critical listening tasks.
Maximize headphone performance with top-class digital-to-analog conversion and exquisite amplification. While transducer quality directly impacts high-level response and speed, the path to total immersion requires optimum circuitry from input to output. The HDV 820 treats virtually any source or dynamic headphone with over 75 years of audio expertise.
The tale of two heroes: Introducing the HDV 820’s premium converter and amp circuitry.
Inside, the premium ESS 9028PRO SABRE converter in the HDV 820 ensures that the output precisely matches the digital source, with fast input switching and exacting sound quality. From modern DSD files to favorite CDs, all are received with absolute accuracy and reproduced without extra flavors. The HDV 820 supports all common word lengths and sample rates for a virtually endless number of digital sources: USB, S/PDIF coaxial, and Optical, along with balanced & unbalanced analog inputs on the rear. An ASIO driver is included to support DSD profiles on a PC, allowing streaming up to DSD256 at 12.3 MHz on Mac or Windows-based sources, in addition to PCM files up to 32-bit and 384 kHz sample rate. Equally important is the purity of the HDV 820’s amp circuitry, providing confident gain with a noise floor cloaked in silence. The resulting dynamic range (over 115 dB @ 600 Ohms) and instrument separation in the HDV 820 are incredibly vivid, helping to erase the lines between hearing and experiencing on audiophile headphones. Total harmonic distortion is < 0.001 percent, with frequency response extending beyond the 10 to 100,000 Hz range, providing unbiased performance until the very last moment before reaching the headphones.
- Next generation of acclaimed digital headphones amplifier
- Class-leading ESS 9028PRO SABRE digital-to-analog converter
- Performs brilliantly with digital sources, whether connected optically, coaxially, or via USB
- Features balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) analog inputs
- Perfectly complements the Sennheiser audiophile headphone range
- Capable of playing DSD256 files of up to 12.3 MHz, in addition to PCM files up to 32-bit and 384 kHz sample rate
- Audio outputs include XLR3, XLR4, a 6.3 mm jack socket and 4.4 mm Pentaconn socket