The Rega Aphelion 2
Aphelion 2 represents the 4th generation of Rega’s distinctive handmade moving coil cartridges. Drawing on the technology derived from the initial Aphelion and the most recent Apheta 3, engineers at Rega have meticulously refined every aspect of the original designs.
The Ultimate in Micro Engineering and Design
Aphelion 2 is the ultimate in micro engineering and design. The unique hand-wound micro cross and coil assembly are built directly onto a Boron rod cantilever. The advanced ‘fine line’ profile nude diamond is then mounted through 90 degrees, offering extreme levels of stiffness and control over the stylus. This design requires a ‘zero tolerance’ engineering approach to achieve the highest level of performance from a Rega cartridge to date. Crafted to complement the reference range of Rega turntables, including the Naiad.
- Graded zero tolerance black anodised aluminium body
- Boron rod cantilever
- ‘Fine line’ profile, nude diamond stylus
- Iron micro cross and coil assembly making one of the worlds smallest MC generators
- Worlds most powerful minaturised neodymium magnet
- High specification fine wire 0.018 mm
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects