Power Amplifier for Reference Line
The 218 power amplifier is visually and sonically oriented towards our flagship 159 amplifier. At the same time, the Reference Line power amplifier consistently benefits from the experience and knowledge that Burmester has derived from four decades of successful amplifier development.
The 218 power amplifier is visually and sonically oriented towards our flagship 159 amplifier. At the same time, the Reference Line power amplifier consistently benefits from the experience and knowledge that Burmester has derived from four decades of successful amplifier development. Power and elegance are perfectly combined behind the characteristic cooling fins. This monumental, but at the same time stylish, power amp easily handles even the most demanding loudspeakers. The almost inexhaustible power reserves lead to an impressive sovereignty in music reproduction, which is supported by an outstanding spatial resolution and musical warmth.
With attention to detail.
Recognisable as a typical Burmester even from the very first glance, the 218 power amplifier makes use of characteristic design elements of the Reference Line.
The design of the 218 power amp closely follows the look of the largest and most powerful mono power amp in the company’s history, the 159. The 218 inherits the clear lines and distinct appearance of our flagship amplifier. In particular, the screwless finish of the lid and the absence of additional decorative elements emphasize this minimalistic and effective visual aspect. Despite the expansion demands of the space, this reduction to the essentials means that only a few millimeters have had to be added to the overall height compared with existing and previous models. The expansion inside is clearly recognizable by the extension of the classic Burmester heat sinks, which, however, has been largely compensated for by the mimalistic design of the lid and base plate, so that existing placement racks can continue to be used if necessary.
As a nod to the traditions of the Burmester amplifier portfolio, the familiar decorative lines that take up the course of the heat sinks can be found on the housing lid of the 218 power amplifier. The rear panel is milled from solid and closes it at a 45 degree angle of the heat sinks. A solid plate closes the case at the bottom.
In the development and manufacturing process, only the best quality components are selected to meet our exacting tolerances. In addition, several days of test runs as well as further intensive quality controls culminating in detailed final listening tests under real conditions are added. Every single assembly receives a 100% inspection according to Burmester quality standards before installation. This elaborate manufacturing process ensures that in the end the customer receives a product that is exceptional in every respect.
- completely symmetrical design
- optimized protection circuits outside the signal path
- stereo and mono operation possible (switchable)
- input stages in Burmester X-Amp technology (Class A)
- Completely DC-coupled signal path without sound-distorting capacitors in the signal path
- Generously dimensioned power supply allows high current delivery capability
- Effortless control of any loudspeaker due to high damping factor over the entire frequency range, even at high frequencies
- Stable at all loads over the entire frequency range
- Solid screw terminals for speaker cables
- Remote on/off via Burmester devices (remote switch-on voltage: 10V DC)
- Integration into Smart Home control possible
- Balanced input (stereo or mono bridge with appropriate adapter)
- unbalanced input via adapter ( adapter optionally available)
- DC input / output for remote ON/OFF
- Remote control (remote control is optionally available)
- BurLink interface
- Loudspeaker outputs